The most anticipated Italian song festival of the year is just around the corner, and even if you’re miles away, you don’t have to miss a beat! Stream the magic of the Sanremo Festival live on Raiplay, immersing yourself in every note and emotion of this musical extravaganza.
But that’s not all! Elevate your evening with friends (or yourself) with our perfect plan—a themed Ligurian menu designed to make your Sanremo experience unforgettable.
The Menu: A Culinary Journey Through Liguria!
Sgabei: golden apetaizers
Kick off your evening with the irresistible Ligurian Sgabei – golden and crispy strips of dough that set the stage for a delightful dining experience. Simple to prepare, these apetaizers offer a perfect start to your Sanremo festival.
Ingredients for 4/6 people:
500g all-purpose flour
260ml warm water
25g fresh brewer’s yeast
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
The preparation of Sgabei is really simple!
- Start by dissolving the brewer’s yeast in warm water. In a bowl or on a large surface, place the flour.
Combine the olive oil, yeast-infused water, and flour until the ingredients are well mixed and knead the dough for another 10 minutes or until it becomes smooth and soft. If it seems too firm, add a little more water.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for at least 2 hours or until it doubles in size. Once risen, roll the dough to a thickness of 3 mm. Cut pieces about 15 cm long and 3 cm wide from the obtained sheet. Cover again with a cloth and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
- In a wide pot, heat plenty of vegetable oil and fry the sgabei over medium heat until golden. Drain them on absorbent paper, sprinkle with salt, and serve accompanied by cured meats, cheeses, or vegetables.
Visualizza questo post su Instagram
Trofie al Pesto: the pasta masterpiece
Immerse yourself in the first course, Trofie al pesto, a Ligurian pasta masterpiece combining perfectly cooked trofie with the flavors of the region’s renowned basil pesto. It’s a symphony of tastes that will transport you to the sun-kissed shores of Liguria.
Ingredients for 4 people:
350g fresh Trofie pasta
30g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
20g grated Pecorino Sardo
12g Pine nuts
25 Basil leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry the basil. Crush some leaves in a mortar, gradually adding the others; this makes it easier to chop them. Add the pine nuts gradually, then a sliced clove of garlic and a pinch of coarse salt. Reduce the ingredients to a pulp. Add the cheeses and mix well. Pour in 40g of oil in a thin stream, working the pesto until it is homogeneous and has a compact consistency.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water. Then, drain the pasta and toss it with the pesto, finishing as desired with whole basil leaves and freshly grated cheese!
Visualizza questo post su Instagram
Amaretti di Sassello: sweet symphony
Conclude your Sanremo Festival night on a sweet note with Amaretti di Sassello, traditional Ligurian almond cookies that are both delicate and delectable. Each bite is a celebration of the region’s sweet culinary heritage.
Ingredients for 4 person:
1kg peeled sweet almonds
200g bitter almonds
500g egg whites
- Clean the almonds by soaking them in hot water and rubbing them with a piece of cloth.
Grind the almonds and bitter almonds, add sugar and egg whites, beat until stiff peaks form, resulting in a soft and pasty mixture. If the mixture appears too dense, add another white egg.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe the mixture onto a baking sheet into several 5-6 cm diameter medallions. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar and bake at 170°C for approximately 30 minutes.
Now you are in..Ready to take on the challenge of cooking these recipes yourself and having the perfect Ligurian dinner?